Standby diesel generators are a great asset for any home or business. They can quite literally be a lifesaver in times of extreme disaster. However, If your generator is broken when disaster strikes, your investment will not be of much use. MTS Power Products is the leading emergency generator expert with a large stock of diesel replacement parts. Keep reading to learn about our generator replacement part manufacturer, McPherson controls, and some of the most common diesel issues you may face. We’ll also let you in on our top diesel tips!
Tip #1: Test Runs
If your lucky, you won’t really need your emergency standby generator for many years. But this doesn’t mean you can let your engine sit stagnantly. Run your engine once per month if you can, but quarterly will work in a pinch. However, always make sure tho test your standby in the months before your local storm season. MTS calls South Florida home so for us, it’s hurricane season.
MTS takes our quality of work seriously, and that is exemplified by McPherson Controls, our internal generator replacement parts manufacturer and distributor. We supply professional-grade power controls and custom diesel gensets. Some of the parts we supply include:
- Voltage regulators- while load or voltage input may fluctuate, it is important that your generator’s voltage output does not.
- Governors- consistent, metered fuel flow is crucial. Mcpherson’s wide selection ensures that you always have a top-quality governor, no matter your engine specifications.
- Battery Chargers- due to infrequent use, a generator’s battery may die. Battery chargers ensure that a bad battery does not keep you from power.
- Basic Transfer Switches- these power switches allow you to manually control the transfer of power load onto your generator.
- Automatic transfer switches- make sure you are never without power for long with an ATS that switches the power load to your generator immediately upon power loss.
- Generator Auxiliary Excitation Booster- increase your generators starting capacity with an AC power boost.
McPherson controls are made to withstand even the most rigorous industrial applications.
Tip #2: Know Your Needs
Depending on the size of your property, voltage needs, and personal preference, the type of generator you need purchase will differ drastically. Two little power capacity is not effective and may cause damage to the generator. Too much and you will be burning superfluous fuel. MTS’ power experts will be able to quickly help you determine which unit is right for you based on the above criteria.
MTS Power Products
South Floridians know the value of a good standby generator. MTS was born out of a desire to create a one-stop professional energy solution. We distribute generators from some of the most trusted brands including John Deere and Cummins in addition to. our custom McPherson Controls gensets. And you can be sure that our line of top-quality industrial and residential generator parts will keep your generator working in peak condition no matter your energy requirements. Take a virtual tour of our state-of-the-art workshop or contact us today to find your perfect standby energy solution.